Elderberries Certified Organic 1 LB Bag Whole 100% Natural
Elderberry refers to the berries or, more accurately, drupes, of the elder tree. The berries are commonly used to make syrups, jams, wines and cordials, and are also baked into pies and pastries.
- USES: Make pies, pastries, jams, jellies, wine, cordials & syrup. Add dried berries to tea and citrus herb blends. Boil elderberries and add to shakes, syrups, wines, jams & jelly spreads! Add dried elderberries to potpourri mixtures and floral displays. Use infusions of the berry to soothe minor skin irritations. Consume elderberry juice and syrup to give a boost to the immune system.
- ANTIOXIDANT POWER: Elderberries are higher in flavonoids than blueberries, cranberries, goji berries and blackberries. Elderberries contain chemical compounds called anthocyanidins, which are known to have immunostimulant effects (boost immune system response). ANTI-INFLAMMATORY properties of elderberries have shown to improve sinus infection symptoms, promote urination and bowel moments, and have natural diuretic effects.
- APPEARANCE AND FLAVOR: Dark purple to black berries with a sweet-tart, fruity flavor.
- 1 LB BULK PACKAGING: Come in 1 pound bag of organic elderberries, which equates to approximately 5.5 cups to the one pound bag.
- ACTIVE COMPOUNDS: Elderberries are a natural source of vitamins A, B6, iron, potassium, and are abundant In vitamin C. Elderberries also contain potassium nitrate, flavonoids (rutin and quercetin), anthocyanins, sambucin, sambunigrin, volatile oils (0.03-0.14%), palmitic acid, chlorogenic acids. Nutrients such as potassium and phosphorus found in elderberries support body function.